Friday, August 22, 2014

Liebster Award



I've been nominated for the Liebster Award by a friend... Thank you so much Haley for thinking of me, I’ve enjoyed answering the questions  :) Haley, I have been encouraged by what you write on your blog, and love looking at the pictures you take! Oh, and I love all the creative captions you come up with for your pictures as well :) 

Okay then, here it goes! The rules are as follows….

#1: Acknowledge the blog that nominated you

Haley at Pure Reflections - check out her blog!! 

#2:  Answer the 11 questions that the nominating blogger asked

1. Where were you born?

I was born in the city of Riverside.

2. How old were you when you started your blog?

I was 17.

3. What's your purpose for keeping a blog?

To keep my friends updated with some pictures of what is going on in my family’s life, to encourage people to be bright lights for Jesus in a world that needs His love, and to share about my food discoveries through baking/cooking!

4. What's your biggest pet peeve?

Well, I have this chair at my desk that you can lower or higher and my brother always lowers it!! And I must admit I get rather annoyed that I have to always higher it up when I sit down at my desk after he has sat in it, as it will be too low for me to comfortably write at when it is low! ;P haha…

5. Do you have a signature trait, like an article of clothing or a word that is distinctly YOU?

The word “awesome” would probably be a word that people would say is distinctly me, as I use that word a lot to describe things that I think are, well, just so awesome! ;-P

6. What's the scariest thing you've ever done?

My first swimming lesson ;p Yep, water is not really my friend… haha. Now that I know how to swim though, it’s not as bad as it used to be…

7. How old were you when you were saved and became a Christian?

I grew up in a Christian family, and so I can’t put a definite age on when I was saved… I was baptized when I was 6 and by the grace of God, He has been growing me in my love for Him and His Word throughout my life, especially in the past several years…. God is good all the time!

      
      8.  What's your favorite pastime?

Doing pretty much anything outside, like: yard work, playing sports with friends, running, quiet time under the trees with the Lord, or just walking outside and looking at God's creation...especially at night when there are thousands of stars - it just gives me the chills!

9. What's your favorite book of the Bible and why?

The book of Hebrews. I’ve actually just recently come to love this book as last year I memorized 5 or so chapters of it and have been studying it over the past several months. A few things that have been really encouraging:  Coming to more fully recognize what an amazing High Priest we have in Jesus Christ – that He is in His resurrected body reigning on High right now, and interceding for us in ways we don’t even know because He can sympathize with our weaknesses since He Himself has endured them, yet without sin (This makes we want to shout for joy about how awesome of a God we serve!)!! God’s amazing grace and that we are co-heirs with Him of a lasting eternal inheritance. And also the practical encouragement to follow Christ and be a blessing to those in my life!

10.  Do you play an instrument, and if so, how long have you played?

Yes, I play the guitar. I’ve been playing for about 3 years or so, definitely not all that great but I love it!

11.  Sweet or sour candy?

Sour :)

#3:  List 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers that deserve recognition :)

Here’s 3, couldn’t really come up with 11 but these are all friends of mine and I enjoy looking at their blogs!:

Allison at My 5’ 2 View

#4:  Write 11 questions for them to answer

1. What is your favorite song?
2. Do you have a favorite place (like a certain spot outside or something) to spend time with       the Lord?
3. Do you like to do physical things (play sports, go running…) or would you rather read a            book and do something inside?
4. Would you ever want to participate in a singing flash mob?
5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go, and why?
6. Do you have a favorite verse in the Bible?
7. What is one gift the Lord has blessed you with, and how do you use it for His glory and to        bless others?
8. One thing that annoys you ;P
9. Would you rather go shopping at the mall or go camping?
10. Do you have a favorite quote that has really inspired you in your life?

#5:  Notify them that they've been nominated!
Working on it!


1 comment:

  1. Great post Jaeleen!! I loved your answers, it was very interesting!:)

    ReplyDelete