Saturday, July 19, 2014

Food. Pictures. Words. Randomness.


Well, bottom line - I haven't posted in forever and I'm not even going to try to catch up ;P But, I warn you that this post will be long and full of - pictures. words. food. love. life. passions. and everything else that comes up in between. 

If you don't already know this, I love taking pictures of food I make. I love food. And I love making it. I've been the only girl in the house this past week, and I kind of have been in the mood to bake and cook. So, for fun here's this past weeks dinners (and desserts!!) in pictures... 



Monday
{Turkey Panini w/ potato chips, carrot sticks and apple slices} 


{Frozen Caramel Macchiato} 
This was pretty good - but it definitely needs some improving.... 


Tuesday 
{Beef Stroganoff with...}


{A lettuce salad (literally a lettuce salad, as I had nothing to add to it but lettuce! ;P) and Zucchini}


{Good ol' Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream}
My sister used to use this recipe all the time, so it was fun to make as we haven't made it in a long time. There's just something old fashioned, homey and simple that I love about making ice cream... 


{Espresso Frozen Yogurt}
I've been wanting to try this recipe out forever. It was pretty good, but not as good as I had hoped. But I'm super excited because I think if I just use this recipe and make it plain, maybe add a few other things, it'll taste pretty close to Yogurtland's Plain Tart (if you haven't had it it's awesome!)! I'm. Excited.


Wednesday 
{Chicken Stew with Biscuits}
Simple, and one dish! 


Thursday 
{Pizza on Falafel bread}
Using falafel bread for the crust on pizza makes for a super quick and easy meal. And it's yummy too!


{Frappuchino} 
The best frappe I've made so far! And that blender right there is awesome!!!!



Friday 
{Beef Enchiladas, beans, rice}
I found my new go to enchilada sauce recipe! It tasted awesome and that made my day. 


Saturday 
{Sour Cream Coffee Cake}
This coffee cake is soo good... 


We had fruit as well :) It looked pretty so I had to take a picture.


{Parmesan Chicken, Mashed potatoes, and dinner rolls}
That was our dinner. Yum. 


Here's some more random pictures that I had on my phone. Oh, by the way - pretty much all these pictures are taken on my phone, that's why some are blurry ;P 



This is the most awesome. amazing. wonderful. exciting. picture ever!!! My sister got engaged!!! Yep, you read that right ENGAGED!!!! Just take a look at those smiles!! :D I'm thrilled. God is so good! 

I have awesome brothers :) And I survived being the only girl at home for a week. Haha! It was awesome though :-) 


I love giving gifts. And making them beautiful. 


Coffee. Caramel. Whip cream. Enough said.


Simple beauty... I love going for long walks on warm summer evenings. 

~ ~ ~

I'm so grateful to God for everything in life. Just take a look around you, aren't you amazed at how awesome God is?! I've been really blessed by this quote lately: "The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you."  That's so true. And too often we try to do things in our own strength. These past few months I have been so overwhelmed by God's love and grace in my life.... I have failed so often, I make so many mistakes. And yet He still loves me. I'm just so overjoyed that He has given me this beautiful and wonderful life to live, oh how I want to serve Him in everything and show others His love and grace in everything I do. Ya' know, I have SO much I could share of things I've been learning....but I'm afraid it'll have to wait for another post :) Jesus is an amazingly loving Savior who laid down His life for you and I. So go out in this world and be a bright light for Jesus! 


5 comments:

  1. Great post!!:) That Frappuchino was so good!!! You did a great job, thanks for making me one. Oh.....and that walk was just soooooooooo good. What great subjects we got to talk about and great memories!!:) I'm looking forward to spending a day with you again next month!!!!!!!!!
    Love ya dear girl!!!:):):)
    ~Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!! You are an excellent cook Jae :-) Thank you for the pictures, and the reminder to shine each day for Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word Jaeleen, you are an amazing cook!!!!!! Wow!!!
    Miss you,
    -MacyMakana <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! This is all so great! Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations again to Janelle and your family!
    Excited for you all.

    ReplyDelete